This may be a tough one to write out so properly, without upsetting any of you in the process. Unfortunately, I have to speak up about this because it has really been bothering me the past few days…I know you are all going to roll your eyes but…
I want to speak about Harold Camping and his so-called ‘Rapture’ that was supposed to happen this past Saturday.
When I first heard about Mr. Camping’s prediction that ‘The Rapture’ was DEFINITELY going to happen on May 21st, 2011...I had the same reaction as the majority of you did. I took a deep breath, sighed, rolled my eyes and said “Yeah yeah, who hasn’t heard this one before?”
If you didn’t know, Mr. Camping predicted in 1994 that this ‘Rapture’ was to happen, but fell short when the day came and no sign of God. He blamed a mathematical error on his part, but swore that this May 21st prediction was correct, and that “There is…no possibility that it will not happen”. Tough break Harold…your second prediction failed again!
This is what pisses me off the most…Harold used his religious beliefs to push onto the weak that God was coming and if you didn’t repent for your sins and accept that God is the almighty, that you will be left on this Earth to suffer a horrible death, or witness the end of the world on October 21st, 2011. So what did these poor people do? They gave away their belongings, emptied their savings accounts to drive across country to California, to stand in front of Mr. Camping’s radio station while waiting for God to take them away to Heaven. I understand that the people who believed him might not have been that bright, and you are probably thinking “Well they shouldn’t have been so stupid for giving up their possessions…” but honestly stop for just a second and put yourself in their shoes. Some of these families are poor already, and have nothing left but their faith in God. They scrape together enough money so that they can drive for thousands of miles to wait outside of this guy’s place? One man was recorded saying “I was hoping for it because I think heaven would be a lot better than this Earth”. And now, there is reports that many people are left with nothing over this whole ordeal.
Honestly, he is using terrorism. Definition of terrorism: systematic use of violence and/or intimidation to achieve some goal.
He claimed to the IRS that he received over $18.3 million dollars from donations ALONE! Not only that, he had assets of over $104 million, and $34 million in stocks or other publicly traded securities. Those who helped him post these advertisements and billboards, are now wondering…”What did I do all of this for?”
The past day or so has been very tough for many families. Trying to pick up the pieces and go back to their homes (if they still have them) and get back to their jobs (if they still have them). With all of this going down, one main thing fucking upsets the piss out of me. WHERE IN THE FUCK, ARE YOU MR. CAMPING??!! Face the music! Tell us another lie! SAY SOMETHING YOU CHICKEN SHIT! Apologize to these families for fooling them, NOT ONCE…but TWICE! It’s the least you can do. So you will go down in history as a dumb shit who wanted people to praise him because he knew to the HOUR when God was coming to take away the believers into a happy place, while getting them to empty their pockets in the process….all to find out that it didn’t happen…BIG WHOOP! Be a decent human being, come out of your hiding spot, and apologize to these people.
Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs, but we as humans need to stop doing fucked up shit to each other and start helping each other out! Respect one another, love one another, and try to do anything in your power to make someone feel welcome!
The moment we stop fighting for each other, that is the moment we lose our humanity…
-Stevhe Best
These are my thoughts exactly. Everyone at work was like Matt! are you ready for the end of the world. And I replied who gives a shit and said I dont think the end of the world is ready for ME!.
ReplyDeleteHAHAHAHAHA