The recent death of British singer/songwriter Amy Winehouse has caused me to really study this ’27 club’. So many talented people have lost their lives at the young age of 27, due to drugs, alcohol, sickness, or just unfortunate events. Being that I will be turning 26 soon, I begin to wonder on what great accomplishments I have made in my life so far. These people were so influential in the world, and accomplished so very much in just 27 years that it makes me re-evaluate where I am going.
How many of you, who aren’t 27 yet, can really sit down and say that you are happy with your achievements in life so far? What have you REALLY done to make a difference in this world? Can you honestly say that you have changed even ONE person’s life for the better just by inspiring them? I look at this list, and I can pretty much agree that a few people here have definitely impacted my life or influenced me artistically. Honestly, I don’t know one person on this planet who hasn’t been inspired by ONE person on this list..
Amy Winehouse, Brian Jones of the Rolling Stones, Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison, Kurt Cobain, Buddy Holly, John Lennon, Aaliyah, Bob Marley, Bradley Nowell of Sublime, Cliff Burton of Metallica, John Bonham of Led Zeppelin, Keith Moon of The Who, Layne Staley of Alice in Chains, Lisa Left-Eye Lopez, Ol’ Dirty Bastard, Otis Redding, Bon Scott of AC/DC, Notorious B.I.G., Tupac Shakur…
Those are only a few to name that faced a way too early death. Can you honestly look at that list and tell me that not one person inspired you in some way or another?
For those of you who have passed the age of 27 and are reading this…does this make you feel blessed for being able to continue pushing forward with your life? Does it open your eyes to maybe putting forth an effort to better your life and enjoy every waking moment? If things like this can happen to such great people, it can sure as hell happen to anybody. We are not invincible people, WAKE UP! Open your eyes! Get your asses up off the couch or out of bed, step outside, take a deep breath, look up at the sky, realize that you are a tiny particle of dust on this planet…just like they were. Imagine how much work it takes for the one little speck of dust to cross your visionary plane and catch your attention. These people accomplished that in only 27 years!
I think if we all used our extra ten percent potential at least once a day, we could all accomplish great things. Life isn’t about how many people you know, or how good looking you are. It’s not about how many lovers you can have, or what brand of clothes you are wearing. Life is about enjoying time with people who love you, and loving as many people back. It’s about exploring everything this world has to offer…smelling, tasting, feeling everything! Pain, love, hate, jealousy, desire, sadness, loneliness, passion, excitement…you aren’t NORMAL if you don’t feel these emotions on a daily basis! We are way too hard on each other!
I see it all the time...women spread nasty rumors or lies about each other, out of spite, jealousy, or just because they are plain cold-hearted. Ladies, do me a favor just ONE time…if you see a girl across the bar or room, and you feel the sudden ping of jealousy come on…instead of opening that trap you call a mouth to spread a rumor about her, or just to say something mean…walk over to her and compliment one thing about her that you genuinely like. Not only will you make her feel good about herself, you most likely just made a new friend. Instantly you will have impacted that person’s life. She will always see you and remember how nice you were to her. Would you want to be remembered as the bitchy girl who always sneered across the room at others, stealing other women’s significant others, and fighting? Or would you like people to always remember you as an inspiration to humanity? I will take the latter for $1,000 please!
Guys, you aren’t the innocent ones at all either! The most common things I notice in men are cheating, lying, mind games, and screwing over your best pals. I see men out at the bars, dancing and groping on other girls(or guys) while their significant others wait patiently at home for their return. Why be in a relationship anyways if you don’t have any intention of being true to them? If you can’t be a monogamist, then why even commit to a relationship with someone? Also, why do you insist on screwing your best friend’s girlfriend/boyfriend? I just don’t understand it at all. I guess it’s the whole divide and conquer thing.
Do you all want to be known for these things in life? Do me and yourself a favor, by taking out a private notebook and start writing in it once a day. Write down your thoughts, emotions, goals…and write down something that you regretted doing that day. Write WHY you regretted doing this thing, and really take your time with it. Follow it up with what you would have done differently, and how you think you could properly fix the outcome. When you wake up the next day, DO IT. Go out into this world and try to achieve ONE goal that was on that sheet of paper. Linger on one emotion that you are FEELING, and let it take you over. Be thankful that you are still alive and breathing, and that you are the main character in your life story. You control the outcome, in anything that you do! Don’t let others control your storyline! No one can make you feel a certain way, unless you allow them to. If someone is trying to hurt you, cut them out of your lives! Time on this planet is too short for you to waste it one someone who wants to do you wrong. They might be able to change later on, but do you want to put your life on hold until they do change?
Today I have some very important goals and dreams, and if I have inspired at least ONE person who read this…I can scratch one more thing off of my list and be happy. I will never stop loving those around me, and I will never not try to help those in need. I don’t believe in not liking someone just because of what they look like or what they are wearing, and would never segregate them from my life. My heart is an open book for anyone to read, if they want to. Thank you for taking the time to read into it…
Love you all,
Stevhe Best
OK...where do I start...first of all the people u mentioned in the 27 club, all but maybe Aaliyah were HEAVY drug users...the pressures of fame, fortune and the feeling of being invincable has to be apart of this...I mean we haven't really paid attention to anyone but the celebs dying at 27...really can u name anyone you know that died of natural causes at 27 yrs old...I can't..but that's just me...not sayin that there aren't important people other than celebs out there dyin at 27 but none are really reported unless its something thats news worthy and takes the nation by surprise..Alot of these people have inspired me in so many ways...take John Bonham for instance...I've been playing the drums since I was 2 yrs old( off and on)...my father owned a clear blue Ludwig drumkit that he sat me on when I was 2 and would play Led Zepplin albums all the time...I would study Bonhams heavy bass drum kicks and use that anytime I play...Biggee taught me about the streets and how to go from negative to positive in a song...Pac taught me about respectin the ladies 1st...Jimi..i mean what can u say...every guitar player will tell u first influence was him...Janis showed women how to really rock while singin the blues..Bob still inspires so many today in more ways than one..lol...Cliff will always be THE bass player of the greatest Hard Rock band...and was a very sad tragedy along with Aaliyah and Lefteye...the beautiful words of Lennon, the poetry of Morrison and the best voice of Grunge for which I wish I could put together a tribute band for.. Layne Staley..the passion and darkness is truely missed..and all the others that I don't personally have a great connection with, should inspire many...But the one for me that inspires the most in such a short time has to be Kurt Cobain...long story short...if it wasn't for Kurt and Nirvana, many of these bands out there currently wouldnt be here today...we'd still be dealin with Winger and all those fake, girl soundin hair bands...the whole "we dont give a fuck we just wanna play our music" is why MTV and VH-1 don't play videos anymore because to them it was boring...its why Headbangers Ball is a thing of the past..because we didnt wanna see Iron Maiden and dragons and Pyro or a guy named Meatloaf who has an album named Bat outta hell singin I would do anything for love... no offence just not my cup of tea..Kurt and Nirvana changed the whole industry by bringin real music back full circle..who in our lifetime has done that, past on and is still inspiring millions...like i said..thats how i look at that...but at the same time, thats alota pressure and most of these people just wanted to be normal people and just wanted to live normal lives...there's plenty of us out there that would love to have the talent and the fortune but at what cost..It's like theyve sold their souls to the Devil at the age of 17 and asked for instant success and in 10 years the Devil would be able to collect...could b true but we'll never know..I don't think I'd be able to handle the Fame though...having people in ur business 24/7 would be too annoying...but
ReplyDeleteenough to kill myself or to have others wantin to kill me over some words; I don't think so...
As far as feeling blessed...sure why not...in this day n age you'd have to...war...economy..family...religion...etc...its all been done before..again full circle...we're destroyin our planet everyday, we kill each other every day we hate..we love ..we sin...we do everything we're not supposed to do that the man upstairs wrote out for us to abide by...but yet we have a loving and merciful God...am I a heavily spiritual person...hell no not even close...I think we all have a lil demon that sits on our shoulder but its apart of life and my goal is to always live life to the fullest and enjoy what is in front of me...I dont wanna die...theres times where Ive sat and thought about what my death would effect and who...have I left on good terms or bad ones...am I leavin my family in debt...r my kids gonna be takin care of...I do things how I do them because thats what keeps me goin everyday...it keeps me grounded so that I dont freak out and really think about what and y the hell im here...I just know that I was given a huge heart and sometimes theres others out there that I like to share it with...sometimes for the good..sometimes for the bad...we r nowhere a perfect being..we can only be who we wanna be by our choice and from the storyline given to us from the man above...I believe in so much that I really Dont know what to believe anymore...but I know this...death is nowhere in my future...I have way too much to live for...I may have a "complicated" status but its my life and Im runnin the show until I cant anymore..theres a ton of things Id change but if given the opportunity...would u really change it knowing what u know now...I always thought that was the $10 million dollar question?
ReplyDelete