I’ve been fascinated with the subject of ‘fighting for what you believe in’ lately, prompting me to do research and study the many ways people have been fighting for centuries all over the globe. Have you ever gone out of your way to make your voice heard in this world to get to achieve what you wanted? It could be a walk in our nation’s capital (or anywhere else for that matter), picketing, voting, blogging, vlogging…whatever! We should feel very blessed that in our country, we have the RIGHT to freedom of speech! Now mind you, I understand that some of you are reading this now and are like “Not really…” but let me just point out a few things to you..
In the late 18th century, women were dominated by men socially and psychically. Women were looked upon as a breeder, house-keeper, cook, an only capable of jobs that weren’t ‘too confusing’ for them because to men, women were ‘easily distracted’ in daily life. Mind you, I am NOT a feminist in any way shape or form, but I do think that if it wasn’t for these women standing up for equal rights, I wouldn’t be the person I am today. I couldn’t imagine not being able to vote, or have the career I wanted, and just be brainwashed into thinking that the only thing I was going to be good at involved staying inside the house while my husband went into the world and LIVED life. Think about it ladies, these women couldn’t even rent an apartment as a single female because the landlords believed that women were irresponsible with money! Women have been fighting for these rights for many years! It takes a long time, and a whole lot of people to get their voices heard…but guess what? Changes keep being made! Things have been getting better slowly but surely…keep it up ladies!
As far as the LGBT rights, till this day it saddens me the amount of hatred the world has for them! They are human beings like everyone else, with emotions and all. They didn’t choose to be the way they are, just like you didn’t choose the kind of person you are attracted to. It’s not an illness, nor is it a sin. For those of you who believe in the Bible, it pretty much ends with ‘God loves us all’. What I don’t understand is that this world is so twisted, that people make these laws to cater to their own greedy needs. Did you know, in some countries that it is legal for two women to engage in sexual activity or have an intimate relationship with each other, but it’s illegal for two men? The punishment for such a crime could be years, or up to life in prison. That is just absolutely ridiculous! What makes me thrilled though, as that the more everyone becomes aware of these problems, are speaking up and making them heard! As time progresses, we are now beginning to have states one by one legalizing the marriage of same-sex couples.
I also understand that there is still a huge problem with racism in this world, which royally burns my ass. Do these people not realize that they are mutts? With the way people have been breeding for centuries, there are rarely any true white, black, asian, spanish….whatever kind of people. Just because of the color of skin, we automatically stereo-type that person and treat them accordingly. Parents, we need to start raising our future leaders to respect everyone! How else are we going to grow? At the rate we are going, I don’t give much hope for our future children.
I’m getting off track here with what I am trying to say. If there was anything in this world that you felt like you should fight for, anything at all, then DO IT! These blogs are meant to inspire you all, not lecture! (Well maybe a tiny bit of lecturing, haha!) I am so proud of many of my friends, who are constantly taking trips into Washington, D.C. and protesting! To some people it looks like a useless thing, but to me I see a special person who took time out of whatever things that had to do, even work, and fought for the greater good of hundreds of thousands others that they don’t even know! That my friends, is a great example of improving humanity. Get out there and start making your voice heard! Find a local march whether it’s for equal rights, or an illness that you want to support finding the cure for. Blog or vlog about your feelings towards a certain subject, let people know how you feel! And for fuck sake….VOTE! You do not have the right to complain in this country about anything the president does, unless you have taken the 20 minutes out of that one day that visits us every 4 years and press the VOTE button.
Love you all,
Stevhe
No comments:
Post a Comment